User Generated ZoneMinder Frequently Asked Questions
These are user generated FAQs for ZoneMinder. The official ZoneMinder FAQ can be found at http://zoneminder.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html
Please treat this page as a supplement to the official FAQ. If you have tips that are not covered in the official FAQ please add them here. If we find some tips really interesting, we may move them to the official FAQ.
You can add your FAQ by following the format below
Sample FAQ Heading
Sample FAQ answer.
Montage Layout Names duplicity
Problem with Montage Layout naming - using same name causes creating new one instead of updating existing one...
Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS Focal Fossa - easy setup - thank You ZoneMinder !
- but then You need to access the database "zm" - and I searched and found easy solution and modified a little...
- in this case - I use webui of phpmyadmin to manage the content of database - it is easy for beginners,
and You cannot harm the database so easy like with bad syntax on command line...
1./ log-in to terminal as su
(provide password for Your superuser)
2./ install phpmyadmin
apt-get install phpmyadmin
- I have used for both apache2 and lighttpd
- I have created custom password (for example: PASSword123)
3./ modify access to databases for default user "phpmyadmin"
- enter mysql:
mysql -u root -pzm
- pzm is for -p and zm because "-p zm" with space don't work...
- I have used command for all databases for easy use...
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'phpmyadmin'@'localhost'
- this causes that user "phpmyadmin" has all databases on host visible and editable
- normaly it would look like this - only for "zm" database
GRANT ALL ON zm.* TO 'phpmyadmin'@'localhost'
4./ delete or modify unwanted layouts
- connect from browser:
- username "phpmyadmin"
- password "PASSword123"
- open database "zm" and look for table "MontageLayouts"
- do what You want (study how layout is defined...) :-)
- or simply delete unwanted or broken layout - after this refresh page with layout and
in the dropdown menu of layouts is the deleted one (or more) not more available...
Don't forget - MYSQL and PHPMYADMIN are two DIFFERENT things...
- also take care about usernames and passwords