Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150/160
From ZoneMinder Wiki
current status as of kernel 2.6.16
- Basically works.
- Some minor image quality glitches.
- For now only capture, overlay support isn't completed yet.
- The chip specs for the on-chip TV sound decoder are next to useless :-/
- Neverless the builtin TV sound decoder starts working now, at least for PAL-BG. Other TV norms need other code ...
FOR ANY REPORTS ON THIS PLEASE MENTION THE TV NORM YOU ARE USING.
- Most tuner chips do provide mono sound, which may or may not be useable depending on the board design. With the Hauppauge cards it works, so there is mono sound available as fallback.
- audio data dma (i.e. recording without loopback cable to the sound card) should be possible, but there is no code yet ...
- some code present. Doesn't crash any more, but also doesn't work yet ...
Ad Hoc Workaround
- This card (ivtv version) can be used if the monitor is set up to use a file source, and secondary scripts are used to generate an updated JPEG image.
- FFMPEG is used to generate a stream of JPEG's from the /dev/video0 source
- Another process takes the stream of JPEG's and updates the most recent to the filename that ZM will read
- Can also save full motion mpeg from the video source
- This was tested on a standard Ubuntu 10.10 server APT package (1.24.2 installation) - no rebuilding/patches necessary