ZMLarch is a liveCD ZoneMinder demo, development tool, and installer solution. Based on Arch Linux and built with the larch live CD/USB toolkit, ZMLarch is fairly light weight at ~425MB Documentation on the CD is sparse, but effort has been made to keep it as simple to use as possible. The CD's browser home page has a link back to here, so users can help with documenting.
The current release on June 30, 2009 is ZMLarch_1.24.2-1.iso It is available for download here:
No current links are still alive. Please provide one if you have a copy.
- ZoneMinder svn 2935-1 (ZoneMinder is packaged and updating is very simple. See Update_ZMLarch)
- ffmpeg-svn 18940-1 (Built with the RTSP authentication patch)
- kernel 220.127.116.11-1
- Firefox 3.0.11-1
- MySQL 5.1.35-1
- PHP 5.2.9-3
- mjpg-streamer r63-1
- A lightweight openbox desktop environment
- In an effort to keep the system light, ZMLarch doesn't use a display manager (typical runlevel 5). It's set up so that /etc/inittab runs autologin for 'user', then /home/user/.bash_profile starts X
- To disable X, comment the line out of /home/user/.bash_profile
- A unique hostame that has the form "zmhost_nn(n)_nn(n)" The numeric portion is determined by the last two octets of the mac address of the network interface. The preference order of interfaces is "wlan0", "ath0","eth0". Having a unique hostname enables us to use avahi to announce zeroconf network services. So the liveCD system can be used in a headless, dhcp configured network setup. Useful for "on the fly" temporary deployment. Of course these features can also be used in a more permanently installed system as well.
High Resolution Monitors
Cameras above 320x240 will probably render a broken icon.
echo 134217728 >/proc/sys/kernel/shmall echo 134217728 >/proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
To make the change permanent edit /etc/sysctl.conf and add
kernel.shmall = 134217728 kernel.shmmax = 134217728
Events are stored @ /var/lib/zm/www/events/, which is mounted (
Help Improve this Article
Please add useful info here, and post questions and assistance requests in the LiveCD forum: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6