Hardware Compatibility List
From ZoneMinder Wiki
Zoneminder will work with almost any capture card that is supported by the linux kernel. You may find additional details about supported hardware in the part of the forums. Also if you find something in the forums that is missing from the wiki ADD IT.
Leadtek WinFast VC 100 - the cheapest bt878 model with no tuner on it, just Com/Svideo in.
A note on the bt8x8-based TV-tuner cards: these usually have beside the tuner input, also a Composite and an S-Video input. You can hook up 2 analog cameras to these, and access from ZoneMinder both of them as individual cameras, at max 15Fps. You don't need two separate TV cards for two cameras!
Pico2000 - 4 port card, one chip bt878, around 2 fps when using all channels
Bt878_4chip_8inputs -4 chips bt878, 8 inputs, around 5 fps when using 2 inputs per chip
Geovision GV250 bt878a single chip 4 inputs - This capture Card is supplied with 4 video inputs but with NO audio channel
Most other BTTV (bt878, bt848) cards, see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST on your system for a list of some of them.
Any regular composite or S-video camera connected via a supported capture card. Some analog cameras feature camera control - ZM supports several of these camera's Pan/Tilt/Zoom functions via serial port control, as well as camera Presets, Focus, Iris, etc.
For Network Cams to work they need to be able to stream MJPEG without the requirement of activex controls. If you see the requirement for the camera calls for IE then there is a good chance it may not work. The other option is to grab JPEG images if the camera supports that option which will work but at a lower frame rate.
Any network camera that allows access to single JPEG image grabs or some but not all multi-part JPEG feeds.
- 7Links(TM Trade Mark)
- Abus some
- Airlink 101 some
- Apexis most if not all (only tested some)
- ArecontVision (AV3130M, probably other too)
- Astak Mole Some
- Axis All
- Brickcom These have been tested
- B-QTECH H.264 Camera
- BSTI Some
- Cisco some
- COT Pro some
- Dahua (IPC-HDB3200C, probably others)
- DBPower (H.264 Model, possibly others)
- D-Link Most
- EasyN (Mini Speed Dome 1BF)
- Edimax only tested some
- EyeSpy247 (Branded Sercomm RC8021)
- Foscam (FI8908W, FI8904W, possibly others)
- Gadspot Most
- Generic Only tested one
- Geovision (GV-FE420, possibly others)
- Grandstream Grandstream (GXV-3672-FHD & GXV-3672-FHD-36 & GXV3611_HD tested)
- Hikvision Some
- hootoo Some
- Iguard IP390E
- Instar (IN-2905, possibly others)
- InternetEye M6840
- Keekoon KK002 (KK001 and 3 are probably the same)
- Level One some
- Lilin LR7022
- Linksys WVC-210 / WVC2300 / PVC2300 / WVC54GC
- Loftek Sentinel PTZ
- Maygion (IP-603, IP-604, possibly others)
- Messoa (NCR870, probably others)
- Netcat IP Cameras
- Pelco IP Cameras
- Revotech I6032W-P
- Rimax Some
- Sony Most
- TMEZON Some
- TP-LINK Some
- Trendnet Most
- Wanscam FR4020A2 (Foscam clone)
- x-vision Xvision cameras by y3k (some)
- Y-Cam (Sharx Ip) Most
- Zavio Some
- Zecumate JPT3815W
- Remote systems, themselves running zoneminder, can be accessed as cameras using the Remote Path of /cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=1&scale=100&maxfps=5&buffer=1000 - where the monitor number is the correct camera on the remote system.
Single Jpeg Only
- Airlink 101 some
- JVC some
- Panasonic some
- PLANET some
- Toshiba some
- Vivotek All
Mpeg(ver1.24.0 and up)
- Axis All
- ACTi All
- Vivotek Most
- Logitech 700 series some
- Ubiqiti some
Compatible with modifications
- Aviosys some
- Mobotix all
- Conceptronic some
Compatible with problems
- Compro IP70. MPEG4 only, some reliability issues and general poor firmware quality.
- Grandtec WLAN Camera WiFi or III - acceptable indoor quality, no infrared-filter (better nightvision) cheap!
- Intellinet IPCamera with the new firmware.
- Old Intellinet IPCamera (model MWNC-100) with this (http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7500) protocol adapter.
- OvisLink AirLive WL-5400CAM
Useful link: Flash's IP Camera Database, with Zoneminder compatibility guide: http://digdilem.org/cameras
Like Network Cameras, these devices produce a video stream - but they accept an analog video input from a camera or other video source.
- Synectics E100 encoder
- The Aviosys IP9100, Models A, B and Plus has four analog video inputs. It produces a ZM compatible video stream from one of the inputs, which is selectable via an HTTP GET command. There might even be a control script for ZM that lets you select the active video input using ZM's Camera Control Presets!
With the yoics Aviosys 9100 firmware at http://www.yoics.com/?p=28, ZoneMinder can directly access all four ports via /usr/yoicsX.jpg as the remote host path, where X is 0 - 3.
- Just Zoom USB cam
- Creative Webcam Pro, Webcam 3, LIVE! Cam OPTIA PRO (V4L2, Chan 0, PAL, YUYV)
- Most UVCvideo cameras, including: Advent AWC213, Creative Labs VF0420, Logitech QuickCam Express, Logitech HD C270, QuickCam Pro 3000, QuickCam Pro 4000, QuickCam Communicate STX/Deluxe, Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, and Webcam C250
- Logitech Quickcam Orbit/Sphere (experimental basic pan/tilt control has also published for testing and hacking )
- Any OV511 based USB camera 
- Any CPIA based USB camera 
- Confirmed basic functionality with Microsoft Lifecam VX 5000 using UVC Streaming method
Note that most USB cameras that can use Video4Linux/V4L2, and so can be used by ZoneMinder. Some have older chipsets and can be hard to find new.
Note that PWC drivers are not included in the kernel. Some distribution's add them in and other may not. Here are some relevant links:
The only device that really needs to be compatable with ZM is the Transceiver, all other x10 devices comunicate through that device.
- CM11 Bi-Directional Transceiver
Other X10 notes:
All other hardware as supported by Linux
To find out if your hardware is supported, check the HCL
Guruplug Server Plus -> How to install Zoneminder
Single Board Computers
Single board computers such as the Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Beagleboard, and many others. Can function as ZM server (standalone or external) and/or as a camera.