Hardware Compatibility List
The ZoneMinder Wiki is community based. That means the list below is only as good as those who chose to maintain it. Did you find something outdated? Did you get a camera working, which is not shown in the list below? Please consider adding or improving this list.
IP Network Cameras
Most modern IP cameras are ONVIF compliant, which means they should work with ZoneMinder because ONVIF is a standard that is widely supported. However, not all cameras are compliant. Cameras which only work with "cloud" services or proprietary apps may not work with any third party recording software. Some "cloud" cameras fit into this category [examples?].
You should verify you can adjust camera parameters such as frame rate, resolution, contrast, etc. from within the camera's web portal. This, in itself, is not a show-stopper, but it will make your experience easier. Often you want to adjust the FPS or resolution to fit your needs. You do not need 4K to watch a hallway, and 320x240 is no good for reading license plates.
The following list of IP cameras is not exhaustive. If your camera is not listed, it does not mean that it won't work with ZoneMinder. Rather, it is likely that no one has taken the time to add it to the list. Please consider adding your camera to this list once you get it working. More details on obtaining stream paths can be found on Finding Camera Stream Paths.
- 7Links(TM Trade Mark)
- Abus some
- Airlink 101 some
- Amovision some
- Apexis most if not all (only tested some)
- ArecontVision (AV3130M, probably other too)
- Asgari 720pro
- Astak Mole Some
- Axis All
- BesDERSEC HX WIFI - ONVIF
- BesDERSEC A6 PTZ - ONVIF - Used Netcat ONVIF for control
- Brickcom These have been tested
- B-QTECH H.264 Camera
- BSTI Some
- Cisco some
- COT Pro some
- Dahua (IPC-HDB3200C, probably others)
- DBPower (H.264 Model, possibly others)
- Digoo At least M1Q, probably more.
- D-Link Most
- EasyN (Mini Speed Dome 1BF)
- Edimax only tested some
- EyeSpy247 (Branded Sercomm RC8021)
- EZVIZ (by Hikvision)
- Foscam (FI8908W, FI8904W, possibly others)
- Gadspot Most
- GBF One reportedly (doorbell camera)
- Generic Only tested one
- Geovision (GV-FE420, possibly others)
- Grandstream Grandstream (GXV-3672-FHD & GXV-3672-FHD-36 & GXV3611_HD tested)
- Hikvision Most
- Honeywell HD3MDIP
- hootoo Some
- Iguard IP390E
- ieGeek CT0247UK
- Instar (IN-2905, IN-5907HD, possibly others)
- InternetEye M6840
- Jennov (only tested model JE-A73WG20-E)
- Keekoon KK002 (KK001 and 3 are probably the same)
- LaView many LV-PB932F4
- Level One some
- Lilin LR7022
- Linksys WVC-210 / WVC2300 / PVC2300 / WVC54GC
- Loftek Sentinel PTZ
- Maygion (IP-603, IP-604, possibly others)
- Messoa (NCR870, probably others)
- MPIX (40-IRBF-K28, probably others)
- Netcat IP Cameras
- Openwrt Webcam, or custom firmware on commercial cameras.
- Panasonic IP Cameras
- Pelco IP Cameras
- Rimax Some
- Sercomm (ADT)
- Sony Most
- TMEZON Some
- TP-LINK Some (branded as Tapo)
- Trendnet Most
- Uokoo One
- Wanscam FR4020A2 (Foscam clone)
- Wgcc One
- x-vision Xvision cameras by y3k (some)
- Xiongmai They sell modules used in multiple Chinese cameras like Misecu IPC-DM07-20SC (with module IPG-50HV20PES-S)
- Y-Cam (Sharx Ip) Most
- Zavio Some
- Zecumate JPT3815W
- ZoneMinder can also be accessed as if it were another camera, using a Remote Path such as:
Where the <monitor id> is the correct camera id on the remote system. More details: Example Camera View HTML
Single JPEG Frames Only
- Airlink 101 some
- JVC some
- Panasonic some
- PLANET some
- Toshiba some
- Vivotek All
- Axis All
- ACTi All
- Vivotek Most
- Logitech 700 series some
- Ubiqiti some
Compatible (with modifications)
- Aviosys some
- Mobotix all
- Conceptronic some
Compatible (with problems)
- Compro IP70. MPEG4 only, some reliability issues and general poor firmware quality.
- Grandtec WLAN Camera WiFi or III - acceptable indoor quality, no infrared-filter (better nightvision) cheap!
- Intellinet IPCamera with the new firmware.
- Old Intellinet IPCamera (model MWNC-100) with this (http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7500) protocol adapter.
- OvisLink AirLive WL-5400CAM
- Flash's IP Camera Database: https://digdilem.org/ip-cameras/ (Doesn't seem to work when searching for 'Works with Zoneminder?' option, though. - jpcy)
IP Video Encoder
Like Network Cameras, these devices produce a video stream over tcp/ip - but they do so with input from an analog video camera or other video source. An easy way to find these are to search for video encoders or video servers, e.g. 8 channel video encoder, or 2 channel video server. Newer video encoders may also support HD Analog either in addition, or instead of analog streams (how they implement HD analog, depends upon the brand. There are currently competing standards such as AHD, EX-SDI, HD-SDI, HD-CVI, HD-TVI, etc...).
IP Video Encoders are generally easier to use and maintain than PCI / Capture cards.
- Synectics E100 encoder
- The Aviosys IP9100, Models A, B and Plus has four analog video inputs. It produces a ZM compatible video stream from one of the inputs, which is selectable via an HTTP GET command. There might even be a control script for ZM that lets you select the active video input using ZM's Camera Control Presets!
With the yoics Aviosys 9100 firmware at http://www.yoics.com/?p=28, ZoneMinder can directly access all four ports via /usr/yoicsX.jpg as the remote host path, where X is 0 - 3.
- Axis Multiple
- GXV3504 Grandstream 4 channel video encoder.
- Hikvision HD Analog (With errors)
- Samsung uses AHD cameras, and possibly NTSC/PAL cameras.
Leadtek WinFast VC 100 - the cheapest bt878 model with no tuner on it, just Com/Svideo in.
BT8x8 cards are handled by the Kernel module BTTV. A note on the bt8x8-based TV-tuner cards: these usually have beside the tuner input, also a Composite and an S-Video input. You can hook up 2 analog cameras to these, and access from ZoneMinder both of them as individual cameras, at max 15Fps. You don't need two separate TV cards for two cameras!
Pico2000 - 4 port card, one chip bt878, around 2 fps when using all channels
Bt878_4chip_8inputs -4 chips bt878, 8 inputs, around 5 fps when using 2 inputs per chip
Geovision GV250 bt878a single chip 4 inputs - This capture Card is supplied with 4 video inputs but with NO audio channel
Geovision GV-800 8 inputs -  Recommended to review forums.
Most other BTTV (bt878, bt848) cards, see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST on your system for a list. You can also find more details on the BTTV module, such as parameters to pass via insmod, in the kernel and on the v4l wiki 2nd link
Any regular composite or S-video camera connected via a supported capture card. Some analog cameras feature camera control - ZM supports several of these camera's Pan/Tilt/Zoom functions via serial port control, as well as camera Presets, Focus, Iris, etc.
- Just Zoom USB cam
- Creative Webcam Pro, Webcam 3, LIVE! Cam OPTIA PRO (V4L2, Chan 0, PAL, YUYV)
- Most UVCvideo cameras, including: Advent AWC213, Creative Labs VF0420, Logitech QuickCam Express, Logitech HD C270, QuickCam Pro 3000, QuickCam Pro 4000, QuickCam Communicate STX/Deluxe, Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, Webcam C250, and Logitech C525.
- Logitech Quickcam Orbit/Sphere (experimental basic pan/tilt control has also published for testing and hacking )
- Any OV511 based USB camera 
- Any CPIA based USB camera 
- Confirmed basic functionality with Microsoft Lifecam VX 5000 using UVC Streaming method
- Company name: PU`Aimetis model: PUAN-3656 (2MP / Max resolution: 1920*1080, MJPEG - 1920X1080 @ 30fps / YUV2 - 1920X1080 @ 5fps)
Note that most USB cameras that can use Video4Linux/V4L2, and so can be used by ZoneMinder. Some have older chipsets and can be hard to find new.
Note that PWC drivers are not included in the kernel. Some distribution's add them in and other may not. Here are some relevant links:
The only device that really needs to be compatable with ZM is the Transceiver, all other x10 devices comunicate through that device.
- CM11 Bi-Directional Transceiver
Other X10 notes:
All other hardware as supported by Linux
To find out if your hardware is supported, check the HCL
Guruplug Server Plus -> How to install Zoneminder
Single Board Computers
Single board computers such as the Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Beagleboard, and many others.